These chapters are all related to hard disk partitioning: how to create partitions, which partition table system to use. The new GPT partitioning system may be very useful if you have a large hard disk drive.
This guide also tells you how Grub works and how to can repair it when it stops working. All the partitioning software you need is available for free and it comes with this rescue disk.
Chapters about Disk Partitioning on linux:
- Chapter 01: Introduction to disk partitioning
- Chapter 02: Partitions attributes (identifiers, flags, names)
- Chapter 03: Standard partitioning tools for Linux
- Chapter 04: The new GPT disk Layout for disk partitioning
- Chapter 05: Grub: description of the boot stages
- Chapter 06: Repairing a damaged Grub